Friday 16 January 2015

Gone Girl, Book VS Film- my thoughts!

Hello everyone,
So I'm a little late jumping on the Gone Girl bandwagon. But I recently saw the film and read the book. I thought I would just make a post on what I thought of the book vs the film.

I saw the film first and walking into the cinema not really knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. From the first scene it was gripping and breathtaking; some scenes were truly graphic and gory, so given the certificate of 18, was definitely a good decision. However, I got a bit lost on the storyline towards the end and the ending baffled me, haha. However, I think Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike portrayed the characters brilliantly. Knowing me if I don't understand something I will either google it or wiki it, so that is exactly what I done when I got home! I knew I had to read the book and ordered it from Amazon for only £3!

The book was more indepth and I understood it a lot more at the ending. I guess I literally need it to be spelt out for me rather than me figuring it out for myself. :P It was also very clever at how the book was written; alternating between the two characters in 1st person. It gave us, as readers a peek inside their minds and intentions. I was constantly visualising the film when readng the book and it gave me a vivid imagination into what was actually happening in the book at the time. The book was well written and I liked the short, snappy chapters/paragraphs at the end building up the suspense.

Overall, I think both book and film lived up to one another. If I had to pick; I would choose the film over the book, it was tense and kept me hooked throughout. Whereas the book took me a couple of weeks to read, I think that's saying something right?

What are your thoughts? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment