Sunday 31 May 2015

Malta 2015

So I've realised it's been about 3 weeks since I went on holiday and I never wrote a blog post on it! So here it is!

Early May I went to Malta with my parents. We went for 5 days and it was a nice relaxing little break. I've been to Malta before in 2011 with my Duke Of  Edinburgh group and I loved it, so I was really excited to go back!

Valletta:
The capital of the country. This is where the main transport hub/links are. Welcomed with a lovely fountain and further on you will find the parade of shops. We saw the Royal Family's palace too! What I love about this country is that it is so small, wherever you go, you are never far from the sea and sand! We stopped at a lovely cafe for lunch and had pasta and fish and chips.

Valletta city centre
Main street!
Marsaxlokk:
My favourite town in Malta. Famous for it's fishing port and boat rides. I love the market stalls there and we bought some nougat and little souvenirs. We had a lovely seafood lunch, it was so cheap! You can walk around the harbour and see the beatiful blue sea! The scenery is so pretty too!

Beautful views
Seafood lunch
Bujjiba:
Another lovely little town, with lots of shops and restaurants. We had lunch with a view; I'll attach a picture below. It was so relaxing and lovely. There was a shop called 'Aladins Cave', filled with bric'a'brac and bits and bobs, I love how unique and traditional everything in this country is! It is also a short walk away from St Paul's Bay, where you will find another beach!
Lunch with a view!
Bujjiba town
Has anyone been to Malta before or planning to go?! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment