Sunday 28 December 2014

Dishoom restaurant review!

Last week I went to Dishoom in Kings Cross with a friend for dinner.

Dishoom is a 'bombay cafe' restaurant inspired by the old Irani cafes of Bombay in the 1960's, there are now fewer than 30 that remain! This vintage style restaurant has both an unique quality and a traditional Indian atmosphere.

There are currently 3 Dishoom restaurants in London; Shoreditch, Covent Garden and Kings Cross being the latest to open. 

The place was huge, spread over 3 floors with a bar and seating area. It was dimly lit creating a more casual/laidback vibe to it. 

As soon as we stepped into the restaurant we were greeted with welcoming staff and our waiter went through each dish explaining what they were; being very informative and professional at the same time.

We ordered a dish called Bhel for our starters. This consisted of puff rice, pomegranate, tomatoe, mint, onion, lime and tamarind. It was something different and was very tasty.

For our mains I ordered the Chicken Tikka (boring i know) and my friend, being veggie, ordered the Gunpowder potatoes. We ordered some rice and naan bread as our sides.

For drinks I ordered the Nimbu Pani which was just a lemon cooler and my friend ordered a Lassi, which is a yoghurt based drink.
 
We were stuffed and had no space for dessert afterwards which was a shame as I probably would've liked to try some different types of Bombay desserts! Maybe next time!

The food was flavoursome and filling, less greasy and more tasty than your usual Indian takeway place.

My friend kept on saying how I should've tried different dishes, more exotic ones which she was probably right about!

The bill came to just over £30 including service charge. 

Overall, the staff were friendly, the food was good and the place was spacious. However, it was slightly overpriced. I would go again and I give this place a 7/10.

Have you ever been to Dishoom before or would you like to try this place out now? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment