Thursday 30 October 2014

Weekend in Southampton - Restaurant Reviews

So last weekend I went to Southampton to visit my friend that goes to university there.
We went to a couple of restaurants including Trago, Loch and Fyne (Winchester) and 7 Bones.

Trago is a bar/restaurant in Southampton. There was no-one to greet us at the door and instead you just find a table and sit down. We went up to the bar to order our food, I ordered the mac n cheese (I was craving it!) with kale and cauliflower. We were prompted that there would be a 45 minute wait and it took over 50 minutes for mine to arrive! If this was London, complaints would be out the door! Everything seemed so chill here. The atmosphere was quite nice, no noisy drunk men or overly loud ladies. The portion size was small and I was a bit disappointed. Whilst the food was average, I felt like I could've eaten another plate! I would give this place a 6/10.


On Saturday, we went to Winchester for the day and stopped at a fish restaurant called 'Loch and Fyne' for lunch. We were greeted by friendly staff instantly and I knew I was going to have a great restaurant experience already. We chose from the set menu which was 2 courses for £10.25. I chose the mackerel and bread for starters then I had mussels with fries for my main. The food was amazing! Although there was a bit of a wait for the waiter to come and take our order it was soon dismissed as he apologised several times for this. I was so full afterwards and my wallet wasn't much lighter which is a bonus! I would give this place a 9/10. I would definitely come here again.


On Sunday we went to 7 Bones. Which is an American diner themed place serving burgers and hotdogs. I ordered a chilli hotdog with fries (again, I know) with a salted caramel milkshake. Firstly, my milkshake came without the caramel on top, I only noticed when another person had ordered it and saw that, I didn't bother complaining as I was already half way through it and I just cba haha. I have to admit, the portion sizes were big so I was very full after it, however, the food wasn't particularly great and the staff seemed very chill, as if they hated being there and they wanted another job. Very unprofessional. I didn't really have a good dining experience and it was very costly. I would give this place a 4/10.


The only good thing with these restaurants in Southampton/Winchester is that they don't add on service charge unlike London haha.

Has anyone had any good/bad dining experiences that they want to share or have even been to any of the three above? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment